Successful Entertainment Production
Tip #3 Music As a Role Player
The role of music for a special event requires careful planning in order to achieve your desired goal. Each event is unique, as is the role of the musicians unique. Consider the following scenarios:
- Atmosphere, and more atmosphere. It may change throughout your event, and the music needs to change alongside it
- From solemn to lively, or a mix anywhere in between; what tempo do you envision throughout your event?
- Is there a theme? Let the music accompany your decor to enhance and give life to your theme. There are endless possibilities.
- Is the music to be strictly background? Is the music for background with a bit dancing? Is the music meant to get everyone on the dance floor? Is the music a featured act looking to capture everyone’s attention? Is the music meant to make everyone clap their hands?
- The music sets the tone at a special event. Make it memorable!
Tags: band, classical, corporate, dance, dc, entertainment, entertainment production, event, event planning, jazz, loudoun, loudoun county, music, musicians, northern virginia, washington, wedding, wine country